Cobra or Obamacare

My company is laiding people off and I want to know if I need to use cobra if this happen to me or with Obamacare I can buy private insurance without being rejected for HIV ?

Response from Mr. Chambers

Losing your employer-provided health insurance due to a layoff triggers a Special Enrollment Period during which you can enroll in an Obamacare plan without having to wait until the next Open Enrollment.

At present, COBRA is still available to people in your situation with Obamacare available at the expiration of COBRA.

I recommend you do a search for an Obamacare plan to see if you find one that has the physicians and medications you require. It's very possible you will qualify for premium assistance under Obamacare that would make it more economical as long as the plan meets your needs.

Also, be sure to research what help Ryan White programs may provide in your state regarding additional assistance with medications and/or premium assistance as well. You can learn this at an AIDS Service Organization near you.

Good luck, Jacques

entry of person into australia with hiv
Health Insurance Disclosure Through Mail