Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Laws regarding working as nurse in MS+HIV positive

Can I leaglly work as a critical care nurse in Mississippi if I am HIV positive?

Response from Mr. Chambers

Mississippi is one of the more "conservative" states when it comes to dealing with HIV. This is discussed at this website. at this website.

It states that: "For Nurses: HIV+ nurses, should not perform exposure prone procedures unless they have sought council from an ERP and have been advised under what circumstances, if any, they may continue to perform these procedures."

However, I haven't found any definition or listing of "exposure prone procedures". I'm also not sure what the ERP they refer to is.

I suggest you contact a legal services agency or an attorney experienced in Employment/Medical Law to expand on what I have stated.

I do recommend you be vary careful about disclosing your status before you know the potential repercussions, as I suspect there is still a log of ignorance about HIV.

Best of luck, Jacques

Obtaining shortterm disability insurance when living with HIV
entry of person into australia with hiv