retirement coming fairly soon

What can I expect from medicare when I retire in about 2 years? Are they any good with paying for meds and labs?

Response from Mr. Chambers

Compared to private health plans, Medicare offers more choices of coverage, plus it covers at least as much or even more than private plans do.

If you can afford it, original Medicare with a Plan F Medicare Supplement (Medigap) Plan together offer the broadest coverage I have seen in over 30 years of working in private insurance. With this combination, you would also need to purchase a stand-along drug plan.

If the Medigap plan in your area is not affordable, look into the Medicare Advantage plans available in your area. HMOs can be good, but they do limit your choice of medical providers. If there is a PPO Medicare Advantage Plan it may be a better choice.

Go to www.medicare.gov. It will show you what plans are available in your area and can help you find the plan that is best for you.

Good Luck, Jacques

hiv status
pcr test