Can I afford to work?

I was diagnosed with Aids Jan 2014, cd4 count of 79, and O.I.'s. I was put on medicaid and began treatment right away. I'm feeling better, but now I'm worried if I go to work, I will lose my medicaid. Even if I get a job with insurance, I won't make enough to cover deductibles or co-pays for my meds. I don't make much money when I'm working, but can just get by without paying for meds. It seems like either I go homeless and don't work to get excellent medical, or go to work and maybe miss some meds. I'm sure I will goto work as I always have. PS thank you Obamacare for the excellent treatment!

Response from Mr. Chambers

First, check to see if your state offers a Medicaid Working Disabled Program. If so, you will be able to do some work and keep your Medicaid.

If you should lose your Medicaid, that creates a Special Enrollment Period when you can sign up for health insurance. If your income is fairly low, there are subsidies to assist with paying the insurance premium as well as some to help with meeting copays and co-insurance.

Finally, I don't know what Opportunistic Infections you had, but they may help you qualify for either Social Security Disability or SSI, if you are unable to work.

Good luck, Jacques Good luck,

blood in food
I was selected by well reputated MNC of Clinical Research in new delhi, India