HCV AND HIV at workplace

Hello all and thank you for taking some time answering my question Yesterday while assisting a surgeon in a bypass surgery, he accidentally dropped the needle on my gloved finger, I was holding the heart so I couldn't move or react, I didn't feel a stick in my finger to be honest, but the surgeon said sorry I should be more careful as the patient is IV drug User. After the surgery is finished, I removed my gloves and there was no blood spot on my finger or anything, I applied alcohol on my finger after washing it just to double check if it stings, but it didn't (Thanks God). I haven't reported to the occupational health department as I'm not sure that I was really pricked. Should I do that today? Should I inform the occupational health department and follow the protocol?

Response from Mr. Chambers

You are asking medical-related questions which I am not really qualified to answer. Did you suffer a needle stick/cut? If not, that may be the end of it.

What is your employer's protocol? Do you have to report "suspected" or "potential" sticks? You should follow your employer's guidelines to avoid claims of non-compliance later.

To put your mind at ease, you may want to periodically test for the next few months.

Good luck, Jacques

Follow-up to Coinsurance Question
work-employment-insurance