I received a job offer and after my blood results they rejected the offer

Good morning, I have a question about my rights and how to proceed. From a US based Cruiseliner I have received a job offer, after my blood results stated that I am HIV+ (which I am since 2010) they rejected my job offer and wished me good luck in my career. Can they just do that? This position was for working at guest relations, so I am not direct threat or so ever to fellow co-workers or guests. I am in good health and under supervision of a doctor. I would like to know what my rights are in this and how I can proceed. I always thought that hiv patient were protected by the ADA act? PS This rejection I received black on white via email. Your advice would be highly appreciated

Response from Mr. Chambers

On the surface, that does not sound consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If it was a US company and you applied in the US and the company is subject to ADA, they violated the law if they turned you down for being HIV+.

I encourage you to contact a legal services agency in your area for confirmation and assistance. Even if you no longer wish to work for such an employer, they should be stopped from such practices.

Title I of ADA is enforced by the Department of Justice. It lists phone numbers you can call to report problems.

Good luck, Jacques

Long term care insurance
needle stick injury!