|Long term care insurance
Apr 3, 2014
I have been told that due to my HIV+ status that I am automatically excluded from long term care insurance eligibility. Is that correct? If not, which plans offer insurance to HIV+ people?
| Response from Mr. Chambers
All Long Term Care policies (other then some group plans) are medically underwritten. None will accept a person whose medical review shows them to be HIV+. I'm sorry.
While Obamacare eliminated medical underwriting for regular health insurance, it had no effect on individual Long Term Care, Medicare Supplements, Life Insurance, or Disability insurance policies.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blisters After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Are Red Bumps A Sign Of An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.