Do I have to pay?

I have sort of a confusing question that I hope I can explain right. I started a new job, with a very small company on February 1st. I got insurance through the company. When I went to the pharmacy, they told me that the Atripla was not covered, and I would have to pay $2,000 out-of-pocket for it. I didn't really like the job, and this was the last straw - so I quit. I applied for Medicaid again, but the coverage doesn't start until April 1 since I get paid for the full month of March. I can't wait until April 1st to get my refill, but don't want to pay $2,000 for my Atriple - since that is half my paycheck. Is there any way to get around paying the $2,000 for Atripla and another $400 for the Androderm? I called Medicaid, and my salary was just over the monthly limit, so I don't qualify for this month. I called the Colorado AIDS Project organization, and they refered me to call Medicaid. I'm hoping you might have some suggestions. I really only need 5 days of pills until the Medicaid starts.

Response from Mr. Chambers

Colorado has an AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP). You can find out more about it at this site. this site

I don't know how long it takes them to process an application, but, if you qualify, they should provide you with covered medications without cost.

If that takes too long or you aren't eligible for some reason, contact the Patient Assistance Programs at the medications' manufacturer to see if you qualify for help there.

Good luck, Jacques

coverage extension for grad student?
Cost of labwork, insurance premium and copay assistance