Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

urgent help/advice needed
Mar 19, 2014

Hello my name is Douglas. I am PLHIV from Toronto, Canada but i am in Manila for the winter with my bf. I do outreach and counselling with PLHIV here. I have come across a patient who has drug resistance to the only 2 lines of ARV available here. He had a drug resistance test and found that Isentress would work for him but its not available here. How can we get the meds he needs here for him? Would Merck ship it to him on compassionate grounds? Are there any organizations or NGO's that can help. Thanks so much for any help or advice you can provide.

Douglas

Response from Mr. Chambers

Yes, start with the manufacturer of your medications. Most have a compassionate use program for low income people. Look for Patient Assistance Programs on the website of each manufacturer whose medications you use.

Also try local AIDS Service Organizations. They should be able to help you. Go to this site and click on "Philippines."

Good luck, Jacques this site

Previous
Please Help! Conflicting info? Don't know what to do.
Next
Asking about my test result (post PEP test)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.