how long the life insurance check working ?

I am a widow for American citizen , I am still living in my country , is Arabian country , my sister in law took my insurance check , we don't know how I can take it , I am waiting my visa I don't know how long it takes , I want to know can my sister in law keep the check with her for open time until I be there but we don't know how long or there is a specific time for this check to exchange it , If I couldn't get it for time , is the check back to bank ?

Response from Mr. Chambers

I'm sorry about the loss of your husband.

Unfortunately, most checks such as the one your sister is holding expire after a certain amount of time. It should state on the check when it becomes void such as 60 or 90 days or six months.

Your sister-in-law should start with her bank, explain the situation and see if they will let her open an account for you to deposit the check. They quite possibly won't.

Then you or your sister-in-law should contact the insurance agent that handled the insurance policy or the insurance company directly, explain the situation, and see what they recommend. Hopefully, they will be willing to hold the funds and release them to you when you get here. If so, they should be willing to pay interest on the funds while they hold them.

Good luck, Jacques

drug test
About HIV virus