HIV+ single parent wanting to be self employed

Hello I am in California. I would like to purchase health insurance which is described as "simplified underwriting". I really want to get off of Medi-Cal, but continue my selling via the internet and not be limited in how much I can earn. Is it possible without paying astronomical insurance prices? I am healthy (all numbers checking out well). Would really like to get out from under this barrier. Thank you!

Response from Mr. Chambers

You can buy private health insurance under the new law. If your income is low enough that www.coveredca.com recommends Medi-Cal, you can still buy health insurance, although you may not be eligible for the federal subsidies. A good insurance agent or navigator trained in the law can guide you.

As far as the range of the costs, it depends on your geographic, your age, the level of coverage you purchase, and, if eligible for subsidies, your income. What is expensive or "affordable" depends on the individual, their income, budget, and expectations.

Given the variable income you appear to have, I would encourage you to work through an experienced agent, enroller, or navigator to make sure you get every benefit you are eligible for.

Good luck, Jacques

bare hands with wound contact with toilet bowl water
Help needed to confirm whether i could be infected