long term care insurance

I recently read Jacques Chambers response about long term care insurance. He said "Keep in mind that lying (or misrepresenting) information on the application gives the insurance company an opportunity to walk away from the coverage, usually just when you need it most."

I have been paying for LTC insurance for years through work benefits. I cannot remember filling-out an application, and really don't think I would "misrepresent" anything. Perhaps I joined prior to my diagnosis...I just don't know.How could i get at the information to know that I wouldn't be rejected after all these years of paying into it?

Response from Mr. Chambers

The scenario I described could only happen if the plan was medically underwritten, i.e. they asked health questions when you applied. Since it was a group policy, you probably didn't have to answer any questions.

If it was an individual contract you are paying through payroll deductions, there should be an "incontestable clause" in the contract that says after two (sometimes 3) years, they cannot use misstatements in your application to deny coverage. Check your policy.

I honestly think that if you had "lied" on the enrollment form, you would remember it. If there is not a copy of the enrollment form, do NOT ask the insurance company. Possibly your HR department will have a copy of the enrollment you can take a look at.

Good luck, Jacques

gonorrhea
my boy friend sick