Pre Employment Drug Screening and Atripla

I am an HIV positive man on Atrilpa who took a pre-employment drug screening urine test. Two years ago my NP told me that it would be okay to smoke marijuana because the potential for a false positive meant I wouldn't have to worry about the test. After submitting my urine test I tried an at home test and it came back positive. I am now terrified I will be denied the job and I have already given notice at my old job. I do have a letter from my provider stating that I am on a medication that can cause a false positive for THC. I know the lab that ran the test (Quest Diagnostics) will have an MRO call me and ask me about any medications I am taking that could cause a false positive. Will this "non-negative" test for THC immediately be subjected to a GC/MS screen for confirmation or will talking to the MRO and letting him know I'm on Atripla be enough? I am not against the idea of informing my new employer of the issue and giving them a copy of the letter from my provider, but that is pretty much outing myself as HIV+, but my gut is telling me it's better to tell them before they hear anything about a positive result for TCH back from Quest. Any advice would be helpful. To be honest I am freaking out. (In the name of full disclosure I did smoke a small amount 7 days ago but have abstained since then. I am an almost daily smoker and live in a state that does not currently have a medical marijuana law in place)

Response from Mr. Chambers

You should be OK; you do have documentation showing that one of your medications can cause false positives. I would show that to the doctor or, if you show it to the potential employer, make sure that the name of the drug is not in the letter as it points to your diagnosis.

Wait and see what they say about your tests before doing anything however. It may go through on it own.

Good luck, Jacques

Atripla and crystal meth
PrEP for HPV or is Gardasil enough?