The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

moving to another state
Jan 29, 2014

I live in new jersey,i have been on meds for 12 years.can not tolerate the winter any longer due to peripheral neuropathy,but i get my meds tru a state program, an so its my wife will the2 of us be able to switch to a program lets say in Florida or Tennessee.

Response from Mr. Chambers

Virtually all states have an AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) primarily funded with federal dollars. Because each state runs its own program there are substantial differences among how the states run their programs. Some have limited formularies; some even have waiting lists. The income requirements also vary by states.

This site will give you an idea of the various state ADAP programs. This site will give you

Before moving, thoroughly investigate the ADAP program of the state you are considering to make sure it will be able to meet your needs for medications.

Good luck, Jacques

Stopping after 3 days

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint