Insuring HIV+ patient and the "Guaranteed Issue" in the new Act (ACA)

Dear Jacques,

Hope you are doing great.

I am writing to you because i read on the news about the "Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA)" and its clause regarding the "Guaranteed Issue" ( http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-111hr3590enr/pdf/BILLS-111hr3590enr.pdf) on page 36.

In said clause it states that insurance companies may not refuse to insure patients with prexisting conditions, such as HIV.

That being said, and due to the fact that im HIV positive, I wanted to ask you if any USA based Health Care Insurance provider cannot refuse to insure with due to my preexisting condition.

I am looking for a Health Care Insurance Plan (USA and also International coverage) which must accept preexisting conditions (due to the mentioned ACA act) and wanted to ask you if there where any major insurance companies that are already putting into effect what is stipulated in said ACA act.

Thank you very much!

best regards,

Joe

Response from Mr. Chambers

Joe, the Affordable Care Act and the part dealing with pre-existing conditions went into effect January 1, 2014. Between now and the end of the Open Enrollment period of March 31, 2014, you may purchase health insurance and your HIV status cannot be used to refuse you coverage or increase your premiums.

If you go to www.healthcare.gov, you can get started finding the right plan for you and whether the government will be able to help with the premium costs. If you live in a state that is operating its own health insurance exchange, the website above will guide you to it.

In addition, in many states, a Ryan White program will help pay your portion of the insurance premiums as well.

Good luck, Jacques

Quickly Losing Hope
Is this any kind of disease.?