Blood exposure to cracked hands

My husband just had someone try to mug him in Mexico but he turned around and punched the guy instead. The guy immediately started bleeding and the blood got on my husband's hands where he had an area of cracked dry skin. He's really worried about the exposure because the perpetrator was very skinny and he had seen him snorting something before the event occurred so he thinks the guy was on drugs. This occurred while he was visiting family in Mexico. What is his risk of exposure and is there any prophylactic treatment that you would recommend to prevent him from becoming HIV positive?

Response from Mr. Chambers

I specialize in benefits and workplace issues. You should ask this of one of the doctors on this panel.

CAN YOU CLARIFY ME PLEASE
Cigna LTD and FCE