|police officer with hiv
Nov 14, 2013
May I become a police officer with an HIV diagnosis? The police in my area already know my status.
Response from Mr. Chambers
It is highly doubtful that any organization today would try to impose such a restriction, even among the police. The final answer, however, is with the department you intend to join and their eligibility requirements. Should they try to exclude you for that reason, I would encourage to consult with an attorney at your local, federal EEOC office (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission).
Good luck, Jacques
Working as Major Surgeon with HIV
Open Enrollment for Long Term Disability.
- What Kind Of Antibiotics Cure Gonorrhea?
- What Do Shingles Look Like When They First Start?
- What Color Is The Discharge From Gonorrhea?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- Symptoms Of Genital Herpes In The Mouth
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.