Blood on finger nail

I work with Hep c patients and found dried blood around my finger nail the nail, it felt like a drop had hit my hand I know I did not get a needle stick injury and my nail was in tact had the normal nicks and surrounding was not open or cut by external objects. I did have the usual cuts through working the hand hard during long periods of manual labour. I want to ask could I have contracted Hep C as when I found the blood I had no idea how it got there it was dried around my nail bed inside the nail, I washed it out immediately it had stuck on to the nail to form a crust it was pretty dry I assume it had been 15 minutes. I was concerned if it reached or seeped my blood stream as I unaware of the vessels in the nail. I am very concerned about this what are the true facts I should know about transmission through a nail bed?

Response from Mr. Chambers

I am not qualified to answer transmission questions. My specialty is benefits and workplace issues.

Hiv transmission
Hepatitis