Worried about HIV

Dear Doctor,

I have recently been on a trip to southeast Asia where at one night i went home with a girl who I had met and had a couple of drinks with (Not a prostitute or anything of the sort) we had sex and I wore a condom which did not break or anything. I am however uncircumcised (I read something about that increasing the risk). I did not kiss her or engage in oral sex or anything of the sort. A month after I returned home I got the flu. However, i distinctly recall that at the time I was sleeping in a very hot area and I was all sweaty, when i got up and turned the fan on i could sort of tell my left ear had gotten infected a while after exposure to cold air and it spread down to my throat and joints and all the regular flu symptoms. At that time nothing bothered me. However, after i took cortisone and antibiotics to alleviate the infection a sort of rash appeared on my left hand. It is not raised nor is it itchy or painful, it just looks like discolored/dry skin. The patches are dark and I am light skinned. It looks nothing like the aids related HIV rash i have researched online. Either way i am uncomfortable to be honest and I am worried about having contracted HIV. If i am to be completely honest I once had the test before after I had protected sex with a girl who I do not know very well and it came out negative. I find myself yet again looking for any signs of change and attributing them to HIV. Is it possible my exposure could have let to infection? Especially since I am uncircumcised?

Response from Mr. Chambers

The best way to know is get an anonymous HIV test. Beyond that, I am not qualified to answer medical questions.

Do I have HIV?
sore throat