Joining the Air Force

Is it possible to join the Air Force considering I'm HIV positive?

Response from Mr. Chambers

Checking several sources, it appears that HIV+ persons are not eligible to join any branch of the US Military including the Air Force. I am attaching a couple of sources for that information, this one and one from this website.

For others reading this, it does appear that testing positive while in the military will not result in discharge, plus they are in the process of revising their policy of not sending HIV+ persons to overseas assignments.

this one

one from this website.

drug test
Pre-employement background check