The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Expose to hiv thru clinic asking for legal advise
Sep 10, 2013

I am in seek of legal counseling mistakenly sent to hiv clinic for a hiv test in Feb. The scheduler recommended going to facility I explain that I did not have primary care doctor. She stated they can test me and setup primary care. I arrive at clinic fill out paperwork stating did not have hiv took my vital signs and was told that I shouldn't have been scheduled. After 2-3 weeks notice tongue lesion, rashes, black moles all over body. My test been negative blood work normal last test showed diabetes type 2 and vitamin d deficiency. I have a follow up test this month. If I test positive is there anything legal I can do? The apt shows up in my health summary from medical plain and been test monthly. I now experience fevers and neck pain currently. Please respond I been told by multiply doctors that you can not have a hiv infection off of saliva.

Response from Mr. Chambers

I regret I am not an attorney and am unable to counsel you from a legal point of view. Also, I am not entirely clear of your question. If it about taking an HIV test and fear of the test (not the result) being in your record, that is not an issue. Taking a test means absolutely nothing, plus your medical records cannot be released unless you specifically authorize it. Additionally most states have special confidentiality laws about the release of HIV information that requires a more specific authorization.

If I misunderstood, you may want to check with a legal services agency in your area.


am I getting hiv symptoms
I made mistake

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint