Small business owner wants to hire HIV+ employee, can I obtain insurance for him?

I am a small business owner and currently have myself and one other employee. I want to hire my partner on full time who is HIV+. He is currently employed and has had health coverage for the last 2-3 years. If he comes to work for me we need to ensure he gets coverage so I would like to offer insurance to him and my other employee (as well as myself obviously). Since there are only 3 employees will there be any challenge obtaining coverage for him if we start a group health plan? We are in the state of Wisconsin if that makes a difference.

Response from Mr. Chambers

Under federal law, group health insurance is available to all employer groups of two or more full-time employees (including the owner if full-time also), and no one can be refused coverage because of their medical condition. Contact a local insurance agent in Wisconsin to see what plans are available for three life groups.

Good luck, Jacques

Can a insurnce company under Plan D deny vacation coverage
Health Insurance while on LTD