ACA Open enrollment period

I understand that it is possible to enroll in the upcoming ACA healthcare plan only during the open enrollment period. I live abroad (American citizen) and have a pre existing condition (HIV +). If I repatriate to the US and want to obtain coverage, do I have to wait until for an open enrollment period or is there a way to enroll immediately upon return to the US? Thank you for your help!

Response from Mr. Chambers

The first open enrollment period for the Affordable Care Act (ACA) will run from October 15, 2013 through March 31, 2014. During that time persons will be able to enroll in health insurance plans and, if enrolling through one of the exchanges, qualify for federal subsidies to pay the premiums.

In future years, the open enrollment period will be only from October through December of each year.

States are allowed to offer additional open enrollment periods.

You will only be allowed to enroll in a plan outside an open enrollment period for a qualifying event such as birth of a child, marriage, or loss of employer coverage "among other events". Although not itemized specifically during my research, moving into the U.S. would likely be an "other event."

Right Axilla Swelling
desperate for a baby