Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Ars symptoms likely?
May 27, 2013

Right now I am a complete worried mess! It all began when I recently went abroad for a few days on holiday with friends. We got very drunk and at the end of the night I seem an African prostitute from Nigeria I think she said (if that helps statistically). We had normal intercourse with a condom but it has broken on me! Unsure for how long I was inside 'unprotected'. As I was drunk I hadn't noticed but when I took it out and went to put it back in she said wait its broken and put another on. I am wondering if that shows some form of good character on her part and being safe and protected - I hope! Anyway, ironically the day after I was home I had a urine and blood sample scheduled. It had now been 4 days since the encounter and the check up commenced. A couple of days ago and now 2 weeks since check up I had contracted chlamydia. This rules down to 2 women as I had been clear from all previous encounters. Apart from the one mentioned there was another woman, a non prostitute who gave oral without a condom but used a condom for intercourse with no complications. I am kind of leaning towards the fact that it was the prostitute who gave me chlamydia. The blood test a few days after the encounter is way too soon. While I await any next test I am googling like mad and keep seeing ars symptoms. It's now 2 weeks exactly from encounter and as I type I have just come down with what started as sneezing and a slight runny nose. I am slightly coughing and my throat a little tingling. I am petrified! What are the odds of catching hiv if the condom broke from what I suspect was maybe a brief-ish moment? I hear chlamydia amplifies hiv infection so if I have got chlamydia and she had hiv would they have been passed on 'hand in hand' if you like? Any help is appreciated!!

Response from Mr. Chambers

I'm sorry, I am not qualified to answer transmission or medical questions. My specialty is benefits and workplace issues.

Previous
Quitting job With Private Insurance Coverage
Next
Immigration

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.