Hiv needlestick exposure at work

I had a needle stick patient who has clinical symptoms of aids but tested hiv negative. I was not offered pep because of the negative test and was breastfeeding at the time I became very ill shortly after as we'll as my son. They ran hiv test which was negative and a lymphocyte subset and my cd4 were 444. I received the needle stick at a nursing home from a patient that just arived from Haiti. Since then the patient has been admitted the hospital and the patients family refuses any further hiv testing, hiv pcr and lymphocyte test. It's been 3 months since then and I'm testing negative however my platelets have dropped to 115 and lymphocytes keep dropping to below normal reference not sure the number at this time. My questions are do I have a legal right for him to test in the state of florida. Also what are the false negative hiv elisa tests with advanced aids patients and would my tests take longer then 3 months to show positive. I'm also have severe fatigue, diarrhea, thrush, breakouts, low grade temp since then. Have recently felt a little better though in the last couple days though.

Response from Mr. Chambers

You need to see an HIV specialist. While you do have symptoms of HIV, it could be due to other reasons or the antibodies may not have developed yet. It would be unusual for an elisa and Western Blot to both give false negatives, but an HIV specialist could speak to that more authoritatively than I.

You may have a legal right to know the status of your patient, but you will need an attorney to enforce it. However, as long as you continue to test negative, that will make it more difficult.

Tested positive after completing nursing school.
Change from Preventative to Non-Preventative