Tested positive after completing nursing school.

I have just obtained my RN license, and would like to know specifically how my practice will be affected. I'm not sure how to approach the subject with future employers, and wonder if there are jobs in the nursing arena which will not require me to disclose my status. Thank You

Response from Mr. Chambers

You probably won't have to disclose, but that really depends on what state you live in as a few states still have some laws regarding that. Also, unless you are going to be practicing in an area that requires invasive procedures, such as in OR, you are probably OK.

Of course, you should practice special precautions such as double gloving etc.

Good luck and congratulations on your degree. Jacques

medicare
Hiv needlestick exposure at work