The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Moving States and Transferring ADAP
Apr 2, 2013

I am considering moving states, from NY to Vermont. I can't seem to find any information on transferring ADAP. This is beginning to cause a lot of anxiety for me, any information you could give me would be wonderful, thanks.

Response from Mr. Chambers

Even though they receive at least some of their money from the federal government, each state runs their own ADAP program and sets most of the rules. When you move you will need to re-enroll in Vermont's program as a new member. Membership does not transfer among states.

Some of the confusion may be because Vermont ADAP stands for Alcohol and Drug Abuse Program.

In Vermont what we call ADAP is called VERMONT HIV/AIDS ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS. You can get the application at this site. at this site.

You can find their formulary here.

Good luck, Jacques

Additional SSDI question
Best way to secure insurance after employment

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint