Worried about HIV

Hi Doc, Please help as I am in extreme tension for my life. On 24th February, 2013 i had intercourse with a prostitute with two condoms-on. Post the sexual activity I checked the condoms thoroughly and they didn't broke or leaked at all. Though my worry does not concerns the intercourse rather its regarding the fingering act that i did with her before our intercourse. I am not sure about the time but small part of my side skin of the nail of thumb of right hand was teared sometime nearby that night and but as far as i remember i only inserted my fingers in her vagina (may be thumb but only in outer part of vagina). Now 13 days later i have begun to feel aches in my back, sweating more that others (not specifically night sweats), sudden pains in armpits, in nerves of hand and legs, once in anus area also, elbows n other ankle area. During second week my fever was between 98.4 to 99.15 constantly every day n night (might be due excessive stress and anxiety) and i was also sweating at night more than a normal person would. At times (at present also) my body starts heating-up (burning from inside) though not feverish on measuring temperature. Is this a sign of spreading of HIV infection in the body? I feel a lot of numbness also in my hands n legs many times a day. Other information: I got the latest ELISA tests done as follows: For me @ 2nd March, 2013 i.e. 6 days after possible exposure For her @ 4th March, 2013 i.e. 8 days after possible exposure, and both tested negative. When i ask her about her symptoms she tells me that she is perfectly fine and that she always uses a condom with every client she goes with. I am very scared for my life being under threat of this deadly infection. Please advice on my chances of being infected. Thanks!

Further Story: On March 23, 2013 i went to a barber's shop to get shaved. I have previously done shaving at home which was not proper coz of razor blades not being that sharp anymore which left irritation on my face skin and burning at some places with some wounds(probably). Now that barber applied the same clipper with a fresh blade on my face and i started to bled on chin with small/dry wounds on my neck (where these wounds occurred when i shaved myself). I noticed the blood sticking with the shaving foam & my hair. My worry is if the guy who got shaved before me was bleeding at all, then what are my chances of getting infected, although i remember & reconfirmed with the barber that guy wasn't bleeding at all & myself saw that the barber cleaned the inside of clipper with a cleanser which he told to me as Dettol (dunno if that is effective as the blood might be sticking outside of the clipper).

Coming to the point of me being ill.

Firstly, i have been diagnosed with Urine Infection having pus cells in my urine twice as follows: 1) 8-10 pus cells/Hpf on 3/2/13 2) 5-6 pus cells/Hpf on 3/21/13

Secondly, i am having diarrhea like symptoms having to pass stool 2-3 times a day now (specially after having a meal indicates a weak digestive system) but not particularly watery stools but yes atleast for one time its a watery stool also & consistent stiffness and pain in neck.

Thirdly, On March 25, 2013 it started, i began with a minor cold and watery nose (FYI its quite changing weather conditions i.e. from winter to summer, at this time of the year here in New Delhi, India and may be it happened coz of me having refrigerated beverages and water). By On March 27, 2013 it became worser and i had extreme/unbearable pain in my lower region of throat (area in the center where neck and chest connects), had difficulty swallowing food. I took steam on On March 26, 2013 with vicks with both mouth and nose open, for which suspect that had a adverse effect on my throat. But the most scaring thing is that due to persistent throat pain and cold i had fever of 100.6*F which is reduced to 99.9*F only after taking medicines. Also there was enormous pain whenever i coughed and had to spit a lot of phlegm whole day which was reddish at times and for 2-3 times showed clear blood stains on it. This was also accompanied with constant body aces.

Now its needless to say that what i am worrying about but after going through the above symptoms does it still not appear to you as HIV symptoms (considering both of my possible exposures of 2/24/13 & 3/23/13 and its more than a month now) or just a response of body to the changing weather. Your response would be of great help. Thanks!

Response from Mr. Chambers

I wish I could help, but I'm not medically trained and am not qualified to answer medical questions. Youshould ask one of the doctors on this panel.

Risk of HIV transmission from contact with a skin rash
slip on ice, broken arm, another person's home