Health insurance

I am self employed and just got new health insurance 1 month ago and last week i just tested positive. i am worried that my insurance may drop me. Can the insurance company cancel my policy?

Response from Mr. Chambers

They can only drop you if they can prove you made a material misrepresentation (lied) on the application. If the application asked your HIV status (not permitted in some states), and you answered no, and there is no medical record or other evidence that you knew that answer was false (being worried about your status when buying the insurance doesn't count), there is nothing they can do but pay your claims as long as you pay your premiums.

Be prepared for an inquiry when you submit your first HIV related claim. Also, if you tested at an anonymous test site, you should get retested on the medical record. It is not unusual for a newly insured person to have a general checkup that includes an HIV test.

Good luck, Jacques

Insurance Coverage Change
Pre-existing condition exclusion Medigap & Obama Care