|chances of contracting
Feb 19, 2013
I am a general dentist practicing for 12+ years. Last weak I pricked myself with an anesthetic needle immediately after giving injection. Inspire of the rubber barrier, the needle bounced off and poked me on my left thumb. There was little bleeding. The source as I know does does not have HIV, but can't e sure of it. I reported it and was sent to get my blood drawn. I am awaiting the results which are due this week. I have developed flu like symptoms which are very similar to what my one year currently has. The bug is going around. What are my chances that I have contracted the disease. Please advise
Response from Mr. Chambers
I'm sorry I'm not qualified to answer transmission questions. I specialize in benefits and workplace issues. Please ask one of the medical people on this panel.
Boxing Sparring with used gloves, HIV concern Hep C
Employment in the Healthcare Setting
- Loose Stool Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Blood In Semen After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fever After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Touching Vaginal Fluid Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.