Terminated for "failing to fit in"

I live in the State of Ohio, and today I was fired because I am not "high energy and motivated" I tend to disagree with this reasoning, as I have been with the company for almost 2 years, my status as HIV Positive was never an issue, and was known before I was hired. About 5 months in, I started taking Atripla, and from there, some of the side effects were noted in my Performance Review. I became quite irritable and angry, with little to no just cause, but it was documented that this switch in character started after starting my meds. I then developed periphal nueropathy, and so my question is, "Is it irrational for my employers to expect me to act like a "normal" employee, when this would not be the case?" Thank you for any kind of answer and or advice you can give me.

Response from Mr. Chambers

Your employer has a right to expect you to perform your job duties satisfactorily and if your anger and irritability interfered with that, they probably do have a right to terminate you. If, however, that was just an "excuse", then you may have been terminated wrongfully. It would be very difficult to prove, but you should contact a local HIV/legal agency who can give you more specific advice.

Good luck, Jacques

hiv
Boxing Sparring with used gloves, HIV concern Hep C