Why am I still being forced to use mail order pharmacies?

I am still being forced to used mail order pharmacy due to specialty pharmacy designation from United Healthcare. I thought NY law made is clear I was not to be forced to do so.

Response from Mr. Chambers

Signed into law in December, 2011, insurance plans (with the exception of union negotiated plans) cannot force member to use a mail order pharmacy and must be allowed to use retail pharmacies if they wish.

The insurance industry along with prescription drug administration companies have actively resisted this law and have tried to fight it in court.

I believe for the latest information on the status of this law, you should contact the NY Department of Insurance at (800) 342-3736.

Good luck, Jacques

vaginal fluid contact
Medical Records and Insurance