|Why am I still being forced to use mail order pharmacies?
Feb 6, 2013
I am still being forced to used mail order pharmacy due to specialty pharmacy designation from United Healthcare. I thought NY law made is clear I was not to be forced to do so.
| Response from Mr. Chambers
Signed into law in December, 2011, insurance plans (with the exception of union negotiated plans) cannot force member to use a mail order pharmacy and must be allowed to use retail pharmacies if they wish.
The insurance industry along with prescription drug administration companies have actively resisted this law and have tried to fight it in court.
I believe for the latest information on the status of this law, you should contact the NY Department of Insurance at (800) 342-3736.
Good luck, Jacques
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Open Mouth Kissing What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Penis After Touching Dried Semen What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Pain Relief For Vaginal Ulcer
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.