|Why am I still being forced to use mail order pharmacies?
Feb 6, 2013
I am still being forced to used mail order pharmacy due to specialty pharmacy designation from United Healthcare. I thought NY law made is clear I was not to be forced to do so.
Response from Mr. Chambers
Signed into law in December, 2011, insurance plans (with the exception of union negotiated plans) cannot force member to use a mail order pharmacy and must be allowed to use retail pharmacies if they wish.
The insurance industry along with prescription drug administration companies have actively resisted this law and have tried to fight it in court.
I believe for the latest information on the status of this law, you should contact the NY Department of Insurance at (800) 342-3736.
Good luck, Jacques
vaginal fluid contact
Medical Records and Insurance
- Black Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can Steroids Cause A False Negative?
- Can You Infect Someone With HIV Days After You Are Infected?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.