|HIV from food?
Feb 1, 2013
I recently went to a "buffet" style restaurant. There was a bowl of peanuts (with a spoon) that you can choose to put on your dish before being cooked. What if someone who has HIV was bleeding, stuck their hand in the bowl to grab peanuts and then i ate peanuts out of the bowl, is it possible to contract HIV that way? This is a crazy question but i have become paranoid about the littlest things. Thanks for your help.
| Response from Mr. Chambers
You do seem to be worrying about some extreme and extremely rare scenarios. In addition to following general guidelines about protecting yourself, you may want to explore why this is such a worry for you.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fatigue After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Jock Itch After Vaginal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Before Symptoms Of Std Show Up?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.