Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hiv possible exposure
Feb 1, 2013

Good day! I need some advice!

I am a 24 year old male and work in the prehospital emergency services. 5 months ago i had to transport a patient to a primary hospital. On our way to the hospital the patient became aggresive and pulled her drip out. The patient was hiv pos. we struggled more than 40 minutes to get the patient under control, eventually backup arrived. I noticed on both my arms were blood smeared in a rather large area. I did not notice any open wounds, however i had a small wound with a scab, however i did not notice blood close to it. I immediately used trigene to clean my arms. I also did not feel any stinging of the trigene due to open wounds.

Exactly 2weeks after the case i suddenly felt weak and fatiqued. It just came out of nowhere. I immediately thought back to the event and made a dr appointment. Hiv elisa came back neg. i was so fatiqued i slept all day almost everyday for a week.

Sincethen i stressed alot, severe stress. For 5 months ive had what seems to be thrush orally. I feel moderately fatiqued all the time. My 5 month elisa also came back neg. i just dont feel the same. I did take antibiotics and use nystatin. Not helping. Ive also had diarhoea on and off every now and then.

Can you please give me your insight? Thanks.

Concerned

Response from Mr. Chambers

You need to re-test.

Previous
KY HIV partner reporting
Next
HIV Transmission through massage

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.