Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

SSDI letter additional information
Jan 21, 2013

Dear Sir,

I recently sent you the following question:

I have been on SSDI since I was found fully favorable back in March 2012. I was found disabled since July 2010 and received back payment and have been receiving monthly checks since then.

I recently received a letter from SSDI stating that they had reviewed my disability claim and found that my disability is continuing and that I had not worked any trial months. It stated that this letter is only discussing how any work may affect my disability BUT it also stated that the law requires them to review my medical condition to make sure I am still disabled under their rules. They stated that they have forwarded my file to Disability Determination Services in my state for medical review. I am 51 years old and in poor health with AIDS/HIV and numerous other conditions. Should I be worrying about this? They stated they will send me any decision in a separate letter. What should I expect?

Additional information: There were no questionairres or questions for me to answer in this letter. I am so confused as to what this letter means. Is this a CDR? The letter just went on to explain about working. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have been very sick and have been to my doctor multiple times since I was awarded benefits. Thank you again.

Response from Mr. Chambers

It sounds like you are simply being advised to expect CDR forms from your state's DDS office.

See my earlier reply to your initial question. Even if you do have to go through a CDR, it sounds like, based on your medical issues and, to a certain extent, your age, you should be OK.

There is a short form CDR which is an Optical Character Reader form which is is to complete, and will probably continue your benefits.

The long form is more involved, but if your doctors have been documenting your restrictions and limitations, you should be OK with that too.

Previous
SSDI Letter
Next
Still not undetectable

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.