|HIV testing & Taking Depakote/ or Valporic Acid
Jan 21, 2013
Hello I am a 31 year old male. I practise safe sex with female partners. I test regularly for HIV just in case. I take prescription Depakote 500 mg daily for preventing seizures. Does Depakote/ or as its better known Valporic Acid affect my HIV Antibody test. Does it delay the window period beyond 3 months or possibly yield a " FALSE NEGATIVE".
This is my third time asking this question in the body.com. Please & Thank You I would like a definitive answer
Response from Mr. Chambers
I'm sorry you have had to ask this three times, but unfortunately you asked the wrong person. I handle benefits and am not qualified to answer transmission questions.
Needle stick, possible HIV?
- Is Dry Mouth An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Tingling Lips Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Blood In Semen After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.