Needle stick, possible HIV?

I am a nurse and I was drawing from a PICC line with a needless syringe the other day. When I was done we then attach a needle to the end of the syringe in order to push it into a vaccum lab tube. I screwed the needle tip on and removed the cap, as I removed the cap the tip of the needle got me in the thumb and I had a small amount of blood. I immediately expressed blood and washed it with antibacterial soap and alerted my supervisor and have started on PEP meds. I stopped breastfeeding my four month old while on the meds and waiting for test results. How likely is it that I could have contracted HIV, when I removed the needle tip I didn't see any blood under it, I'm not sure if any blood went from the syringe to the needle tip as I did not push it at all. I'm extremely worried, even though the patient is not high risk and has no diagnosis for HIV, and upset to have to stop breastfeeding due to this. Thank you in advance.

Response from Mr. Chambers

I'm sorry, I handle benefits issues and am not qualified to answer transmission questions. You should ask one of the medical experts on this panel.

Urine with trace amount of blood, HIV status unknown
HIV testing & Taking Depakote/ or Valporic Acid