Blue cross, atripla?

Will blue cross cover atripla . Hi I recently took the plung and gone off disability. I became an RN . I've been working since August full time . And now my benefits are ending. I now have blue cross blue shield and am curious to know will they cover the cost of my atripla? Can they drop me because of it? I'm 50 undetectable and been that way for at least 15 years . I can keep paying for my Medicare part d ( Humana ) 114$ a month and it has a doughnut hole. I think I will be loosing my ADAP. Due to my income. I wonder wether I need to continue with the Medicare payment since I have blue shield . My formulary shows that atripla is a tier 4 drug. It's due for a refill in a few days and I will find out. I've written to you before. Tom in Rhode Island. Ps I like my job.

Response from Mr. Chambers

Tom, only Blue Cross/Blue Shield can tell you for sure if atripla is on their formulary. Each state has its own Blue Cross and Blue Shield program and each program has different formularies for different plans.

Assuming you didn't have to answer health questions (or at least didn't lie on the questions), NO, they cannot drop you. I assume you got the Blue Cross through your work, which means no health questions so again, they cannot drop you for buying atripla.

I think you are wise to keep your Medicare Part D until you know for sure how Blue Cross/Blue Shield is going to handle all your medications, but, once that's determined, you should drop the Part D as it can have an impact on your group coverage.

Good luck, I hope the job works out for you, Jacques

Hiv from new sex toy
Chronic throat infection suspecting HIV?? Living in fear