HIV positive and looking to work abroad.

I am HIV positive and am considering moving to Thailand for work. I need to know if there are any HIV 'friendly' insurance providers that will NOT ask if I am HIV positive or that would cover me (highly unlikely) if I am. I am not looking at any kind of group coverage, instead it would be private/personal insurance that would provide coverage on a yearly or many-year basis. I have only just been tested as being positive about 7 month ago and have no symptoms. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Response from Mr. Chambers

There are no restrictions on a person with HIV entering or leaving Thailand, however, there is little information on working in that country with HIV. I am aware of several people with HIV who have moved there for the lower cost of living, but they were on disability and didn't attempt to work.

I suggest you contact the Thai embassy or consulate nearest you for more information. This site shows their locations in the U.S.

Jacques

Student health Insurance
Can you contract HIV through contact of someone's blood in your mouth