Student health Insurance

Respected Sir,I am HBV inactive chronic carier and want to study abroad as post graduation but HBsAg positive status is the biggest hurdle in health insurance department of the universities .I shall be very thankful to you for your this act of kindness if you guide me what should I do now as I am struggling for existence.

Response from Mr. Chambers

Availability of health insurance while studying overseas depends solely on where you plan to study. Remember most industrialized countries (except the US) have some form of national or single-payor health. Many of those would provide you with health care if you are there studying. You need to check that by country.

I will say that if student health policies overseas have any similarity to the student health plans offered in most US colleges and universities they are not very helpful to someone with a chronic condition like HIV. They are really designed for the healthy, young college student. You will be better off with the national health plan wherever you go to school if available.

Good luck, Jacques

just wondering
HIV positive and looking to work abroad.