Fellowship match

Hi, I am an internal medicine resident. I was diagnosed a year ago with HIV. I am applying for fellowship next year and that means: changing programs and hospitals and new physical.

Should I tell them that I am HIV positive?

Response from Mr. Chambers

The general rule is if they don't ask, then you don't have to tell, but I would encourage you to look deeper.

You need to see what the laws in your state say. Also, your local medical association probably has guidelines about that. Normally, as long as you're not involved with invasive procedures, there is no problem although extra protection is encouraged, e.g. double glove, etc.

Good luck, Jacques

Disclosure for Worker's Compensation Claim
visa issue