Nurse told media I was HIV Positive

An emergency room nurse accused me of attempting to spit on her while in the ER for an overdose of xanex. She filed charges of aggravated assault with the police and told the media & police I was HIV +. Was this legal? Ultimately, the charges were dropped nolle pros as she was caught in numerous lies. Regardless, I have incurred permanent damage by this disclosure. Do I have any recourse? If I do, is there a time limit to this?

Response from Mr. Chambers

You may have legal recourse depending on the damages incurred and the laws in your state. Each state has a separate statute of limitation on these types of torts.

Contact you nearest AIDS Service Organization who should be able to refer you to legal assistance. You need to discuss this with an attorney.

Long term care Policies and ACA
ACA and Cobra