Is the term "Full-Blown AIDS" used in medical settings?

s there an article or FAQ sheet from The Body or the CDC stating that the term "Full-Blown AIDS" has been used in ages? It just infuriates me every time it happens!

Response from Mr. Chambers

I agree. There is no difference between "full blown AIDS" and AIDS. Actually, there is very little distinction between HIV positive and AIDS other than the presence of symptoms. Social Security makes no distinction between the two since they focus on symptoms and many HIV positive people have symptoms severe enough to qualify for benefits even though they don't meet the CDC definition of AIDS.

It drives me nuts when I see insurance companies still asking about "AIDS Related Complex (ARC).

I'm sorry I don't know of any articles that takes this issue up for discussion.

Jacques

hiv results
sir roy