Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

EVERYONE CAN SEE/WHAT DO I DO????

I work in an insurance office. I began developing symptoms 2 weeks ago and my doctor is testing. I am waiting for results now. In my office, everyone has access to the medical screens which list diagnosis, treatments, etc. I have been here for 25 years and am afraid if I come back positive. I have listened to remarks for years about how "I wouldn't want one of those next to me" comments. I need quick advice on what I should do should the results of my testing be bad. Should I immediately inform a supervisor? Please help because I'm sure others have had this same situation before especially when personal information is at stake.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I suggest you ask your doctor to keep the tests results confidential and not post them in the system. I wish you had written in before you were tested because I would've recommended that you go to a clinic and have an anonymous test done.

ADA
How to make the work place