Bloody gauze pad exposure

I am training to become an RMA and the course I'm in is phlebotomy. Today while a classmate was practicing a glucose shot on me, she was quick to show someone else how she did it on me to another person. My finger was still bleeding for some reason and I needed another clean gauze pad to use. A the same station, I picked up to what looked like a clean gauze pad from the top and as soon as I touched it, I noticed some blood on it from the other person the woman had practiced on. I did not pick it up with hand with the bloody finger but on the other hand that was previously tested for an glucose shot 15min earlier. I am worried that I might have gotten exposed to HIV or any other Hepatitis. I called my doctor and she asked me to come in that same day for a blood draw. I have felt sick to my stomach with a feeling that might have been exposed to something. How soon will I know I'm ok?

Response from Mr. Chambers

I'm sorry. I handle benefits and workplace issues and am not qualified to answer medical questions.

Low platelets and HIV
can these be hiv symptoms????