Insurance

Recently tested positive at health department. And have not been to a doctor for first appointment yet. I have also changed jobs and my insurance is now in effect at my new job. My question is will my positive test from the health department show up and to my insurance and become a pre existing condition with my insurance? Again. The only test I have had done was at the health dept and the did not have any information about my insurance. The only info they required was name and DOB.

Ready to go to doctor but very anxious and worried that I may not have insurance to cover me for 9 more months.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Response from Mr. Chambers

There's two issues here. Insurance companies only know about the medical records you tell them. Also, many health departments do anonymous testing; if it was anonymous, the company will never know.

If it wasn't anonymous, and you don't tell the new insurer there are records there, they won't know either. Finally, when you do go to a doctor, I suggest you get tested again, and start from there.

Also, how long were you without coverage between employers? If you were without health insurance for less than 63 days, then any time spent under the old policy will count toward the new carrier's pre-existing conditions waiting period.

Go to the doctor, get tested and start getting lab results and start treatment. Since you are newly covered, expect them to ask you about prior treatment, but with either of the above being followed, you should be OK.

Jacques

Is there any help? I am desperate!
about hiv