social security benefits

I worked in the early 1960's, just a little. 1 quarter earnings was $50. If i worked a year and received $170, would I receive 3 credits , or did I need to earn all 4 quarters to get any credit for that year. Today, we can earn from 1 to 4 quarters per yr w/o completing all 4. Yesteryear, was it all 4 quarters or none. Plz ans asap.

Response from Mr. Chambers

Social Security changed the name of reported earnings from "quarters" to "work credits" in 1978. Prior to that date, you had to have earnings in each quarter of a calendar year to be credited with 4 quarters.

In 1978 and later, 4 work credits were earned once you had earnings of 4 times the quarterly amount even it was all earned in the first quarter.

Unfortunately, your earnings in the 1960's had to be in each separate quarter.

Jacques

What's the chance I've contacted HIV through blood contact?
ear piercing