|working in the medical field
Oct 15, 2012
I have just found out I have HIV. I was considering retraining to become a podiatrist. Could you forsee any issues which I may face.
| Response from Mr. Chambers
I doubt there is a problem. Depending on the rules in your state, you probably won't be able to do surgery or other invasive procedures, however, using universal precautions, you do not pose a danger to patients or yourself. You may want to try a web search for "Podiatry HIV (state you live in)" You should get some answers.
Good luck, Jacques
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Work In The Medical Field With Hiv?
- How Likely Is It To Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Licking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Feet After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.