|working in the medical field
Oct 15, 2012
I have just found out I have HIV. I was considering retraining to become a podiatrist. Could you forsee any issues which I may face.
Response from Mr. Chambers
I doubt there is a problem. Depending on the rules in your state, you probably won't be able to do surgery or other invasive procedures, however, using universal precautions, you do not pose a danger to patients or yourself. You may want to try a web search for "Podiatry HIV (state you live in)" You should get some answers.
Good luck, Jacques
SSDI and Work Activity Report
re; recent expat question from 12 Oct. in Japan...
- Pain In Urethra After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have
- Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Testicular Pain After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pathogen That Causes Hepatitis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.